Faith

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Faith is my favorite topic. Probably because it is always difficult to wrap my head around HOW to have FAITH. For the month of August, the topic for Meditation Corner is faith.

To clarify, I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have a testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that the Church is led by a prophet called of God. I know that it contains doctrine and covenants that were restored to the earth that had been lost. I know this. I know this because of Faith. I also know this because I have read, studied, and prayed to know that it is true, and my prayers were answered. I am not going to preach to my readers, however. I want to learn from other people as well as explore my own impressions and experiences.

That being said, just because I know the truth, doesn't mean I lead a perfect life or don't make mistakes. In other words, I am human. I say dumb things sometimes. I hurt peoples' feelings. I'm learning every day how to be a better person.
Some days are better than others. Some days I just have to rely on my Faith that the Lord knows what He is doing with me.

What does Faith mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment