The Tourist

First of all, what makes me laugh about this movie is not that Johnny Depp plays a guy named Frank, who also happens to be our family's imaginary friend's name.  It's not even that the producers couldn't decide if this was a comedy or a James Bond rip-off.  And no, it's not even that Angelina Jolie had one expression through the entire movie and had zero chemistry with Johnny Depp. 

What makes me laugh is that my husband's geek team at work decided to go see this for their quarterly team bonding movie.

Go watch it and you will see why that is funny.

Unless you don't.

Actually, I don't want to be responsible for you spending more money than necessary in this recession.  Wait until it comes out on dvd and go in on the rental with 10 other couples so that you only have to pay $.10 each.

What happened to good Holiday movies in 2010?

P.S.  It's rated PG-13 and while I didn't hate it, I left the theater trying to decide whether I really liked it or not.  Angelina should stick to Brad as her co-star and Johnny should just stick to Jack Sparrow-like characters.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't hate it when I saw it. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it. Yet the more time that passes since I've seen it, the more I hate it, and the more upset I am that I paid to see it in a theater!

    ReplyDelete