You Say it's Your Birthday?

It's my birthday, too! (Yeah....)

It's interesting how many people I know with my birthday.  The first person I ever met was in college and we were born the EXACT SAME DAY on the EXACT SAME YEAR.  So he is turning 39 today, too.

Then I met Oliver, and we knew each other for a long time before we figured out that we had the same birthday.  And then we finally figured it out in a restaurant in Maryland on the way to a dance somewhere.  He's four years younger than me.

And finally, five years ago on my birthday, my little girl was born.  I woke up in the dark, took a shower, and headed to the hospital to have a scheduled c-section.  It was the best birthday (having my daughter) and worst birthday (surgery followed by nothing but clear fluids, broth and jello all day) all wrapped up into one.


Here is a tribute to my little girl.  The best birthday present I have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment