All Evidence Points to....

I absolutely 100% believe in the power of prayer.  In fact, I also have a very strong faith.  I just tend to "know" things.  I am also fairly confident.  A few months ago I declared a whole "I am going to lose 40 lbs by the time I turn 40" thing.  My bestie was moving here at the same time and she wanted to lose weight so I got her off of diet soda, sugar, and fast food and she has lost 20 lbs.  I stayed off those things for the most part and have yo-yo'd up and down 5 lbs.  

We both exercised - most of the time together.  The only thing I could wonder about was that maybe the changes just weren't as dramatic for me.  In the meantime, my edema got worse.  Seriously worse.  Have I mentioned that?  It has, in fact, really scared me.  So I had my husband give me a Priesthood blessing and in it he said that I would be healed from the edema.  I have had it since I was 10.  Really?  I have a lot of faith, but REALLY?!

For a while I tried meditation.  I was going to push that edema right out of me.  Then I tried prayer and pleading and sometimes I would concentrate really hard so that I would have more faith to be healed.  The edema got worse.  Finally, I asked my kids to pray, and instead of praying that I would be healed, I started praying that I would led to the cure.

So what happened?  I started meeting people who are very into whole foods.  VERY into whole foods.  I started talking to them about it.  I started reading.  I had a dear friend, Rachel Jones, who told me about Green Smoothie Girl.  I went to the blog (this was months ago) and said, "Yeah, okay cool."  Never drank a green smoothie.  Then I started doing more research on edema.  I talked to my other dear friend, Barbara Christensen, who suffers from so many allergies I gave up counting.  She started eating a more raw, vegetarian diet.  More and more....the evidence was pointing to a specific way of eating.  This past week I jumped on and started drinking the green smoothies.  My edema has gone down by half and my knees are knees again.  I have mentioned that, but, can you imagine what it is like to go months with your legs really swollen and pitting to all of a sudden have them go down after five days of drinking green stuff?  

Then in about a five day period I had no less than 6-7 people tell me to watch "Forks Over Knives".  So tonight I did.  And in spite of shaking my head and saying, "Ohhhhh, no."  I realized that there was a very direct correlation between the evidence of this movie...and a section of the Doctrine and Covenants affectionately called "The Word of Wisdom". 

I know that I can't go complete raw, but now I am convinced that it is time to substantially change my family's diet.  Not to raw, but to follow The Word of Wisdom, to receive health in the navel and marrow in the bones.  Let's just say, I feel that this is a very strong answer to years of prayers and pleading.  Once again, I'll keep you posted.

And boy, do I love my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment