Green Smoothie Recipe - Gorilla Juice

In order to make this more entertaining for the kids, we are naming our smoothies.  A year ago my now 8 year old son wouldn't touch smoothies with a 10 foot pole.  He would rather eat steamed vegetables (which he asked for at breakfast a couple of days ago - weird).  Today we made Gorilla Juice because we added an extra banana for fun.  When I make these smoothies, I am making them for my bestie (she doesn't know what I put in them), my son, my daughter, and me.  My husband likes to make his own smoothies, thank you very much, and therefore ends up putting things like arugula in his smoothies.  Note:  Never put arugula in a smoothie unless you want it to taste like bitter pepper.

Gorilla Juice
3-4 cups of filtered water
2 bananas
2-3 cups of mixed greens - kale, spinach, beet greens, swiss chard in this case
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
Either liquid stevia or stevia packets to sweeten (do not use sugar or other artificial sweeteners)
Blend away!  If you want to add ice, feel free.  I tend to like mine a juice-like consistency and my kids seem to drink it better if it is that way as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment