Fantastic Idea!

Last night I went to a movie with my husband, two of his brothers, and my mother-in-law.  We saw Sherlock Holmes and it was really pretty good.  Although, anything with Robert Downey, Jr. these days is good.  What a great come-back.  

So while we were sitting there watching 800 previews, there was a commercial of sorts for...okay, I will admit I don't remember what the commercial was actually for.  Google?  I doubt they need commercials.  It was the idea that they showed that hit me.

Basically you have a dad that sets up an email address for his newborn daughter.  When he wants to remember things she did or share things with her, he emails that email address.  Pictures, videos, notes about how he is feeling about her that day, exciting news, etc.  Then when she grows up it's like an electronic record of letters and notes from her dad.  Cool, no?  I just wish I had thought about it when my kids were babies!  However, I think it would not be too late to start since my kids are both too young to have email addresses at this point.  And I could go back in my archive of pictures and write up memories.  I'm excited for this project.  I think it is a great way for kids to experience their parents' memories as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment