Summer Lovin' - Had Me a Blast Part One

 In July, my cousin Julia married her sweetheart, Andrew
 Julia is getting a Ph.D. in Physics at Harvard.  Yup, you read that right.  Those genes skipped right over me.
 It was a WONDERFUL weekend - I got to see my whole extended family on my dad's side.  This is my favorite aunt, Polly.  When I was growing up we were like peas and carrots.  I was a bridesmaid at her wedding, and her daughter, Rachel, was a bridesmaid at mine.  Polly is 17 years older than me, I am 17 years older than her son, Robert, and Robert is 17 years older than my daughter. 
 Not only did I skip the smarts genes, but I skipped the tall genes that come from my dad's side of the family.  My cousin, Daniel (Julia's brother) is a skyscraper.
 My sister, Carly, flew down from Idaho to be at the wedding.  Dan and Carly definitely come from the same genetic pool.
 Along with Julia, we have six "kids" on this side of the family.  Carly, me, Dan, Rachel and Robert
 The last time I saw Julia we were at Piccadilly Circus in London.  She was working at CERN in Switzerland and flew over to hang out with us.  Carly and Julia and I stayed up all night talking.
 Our grandmother would have given anything to be at the wedding.  She would have loved this picture.  The last time the six of us were in a picture was just before she died.
 Dan and Julia - he's a firefighter in the L.A. area
 Andy being interrogated.  Just kidding.
 My dad, uncle, and cousin
 Polly, Scott, and Kirk (my dad) - their brother, Tom, died in 2003
 The reception was held in Julia's mom's backyard (my Aunt Leslie).  We had our grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary in that backyard when I was in college.
 Carly, Rachel and Julia - the baby sisters of each family
 I loved the colors - and being in the backyard in July with trees big enough to create shade.
 Julia and Andy making the rounds.
 Then the fun part began.  I have never seen my dad dance before and I am quite positive I won't ever see him dance again.  Wonderfully entertaining.
This picture is too funny to not include - my wonderful step-mom, Georgia!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful garden wedding! I think those are my favorites, really. Aren't weddings fun? So much love, pretty flowers, fancy dresses and yummy food with good music. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to see these pictures. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete