And Now for Something Different...

Because, in spite of what you think, my life isn't only about eating plants and working out.  

I am not generally a TV watcher and haven't been for a while now other than a few select shows, but man oh man - Downton Abbey has me in a spin.  My friend Kristen mentioned it on her blog, and then my mom mentioned it a day or two later.  Thanks to Netflix, I was able to catch up from the first season since they started season two a few weeks ago.  Spoiler alert!  I love this show.

As much as I love the whole Mr. Bates and Anna thing, it is getting to be too much drama!  Every conversation stolen in the hallway has to do with whats-her-name and I just want him to kick her to the curb.  She's nasty.  I finally realized last night that Mr. Carlyle was the guy in Lara Croft's Tomb Raider - just looking older.  It always bugs me when I recognize an actor, but can't place him.  I think that Lord Grantham is probably way nicer than most nobles were in those days, but I can't be sure.  Do you think that Matthew and Mary will end up together now that he has broken things off with Lavinia?  Will Sybil run away with the chauffer?  I just can't stand the suspense!

Wow - from the above paragraph, you would think that I was talking about Desperate Housewives and not an early 20th Century British Drama.  

If you are a British Drama watcher - what other series have you watched that you would recommend? 

1 comment:

  1. If you really couldn't stand the expense, you, like me, would have you tubed everything you could find about each of those characters and could answer those questions. Of course, I will not spoil the show for you by telling you what I found--but for those who can't wait (and don't mind foreign subtitles) the answers are available all on you tube in tiny tidbits.

    The final scene of the show is to die for and I have only watched it about one hundred times since the second season started.

    I wish there were more shows like Downton Abbey. It has been a delight.

    ReplyDelete