The Most Common Word...

...around our house goes something like this.

"Owwwwwwwww!" 

My husband mistakenly did a more advanced DVD from Les Mills PUMP and has now been scaring the hee haw out of me with tidbits here and there about how much harder it is and how it has 897 lunges and then 456 squats followed by pushups and then they make you climb Mt. Everest.

I say, "BRING IT!"  Of course, I say that having not done it.  But, I still say it.  

This morning I did Turbokick at the Rec Center.  I am getting into a Friday routine.  I go to class and then stop by Kneaders to get a No Dairy Berry smoothie.  It has a boatload of fruit and is around 240 calories (I looked it up) and is exactly what I need to bring my energy level back up.  Last week I had a green smoothie before Turbokick and it just wasn't enough to keep me going.  By the end of the class I was starving.  So I switched things up and had oatmeal this morning when I woke up.  Perfect.  I came out not shaking from low blood sugar like last week.  My oatmeal consists of:

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 T natural peanut butter
1 T chia seeds
1 T ground flax seed
1 T agave or a packet of stevia
sprinkle of cinnamon

It's yummy stuff and probably around 360 calories which is about what I burn in the workout.  While I am not being rigid on calories and instead focusing on nutrients, I like to know generally what I am taking in during the day so that if I am not losing I can adjust.  

Seven weeks until I turn 40.  I've been reading Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman and am considering following his eating plan (which I am essentially doing with a few exceptions) until I can get to whatever is the ideal weight for me.  I used to have a specific idea in my head, but now I just want to go until my body naturally adjusts.  Even with how I have been eating I haven't felt better in years.

I was telling my husband and bestie the other day that I am having an interesting experience where I feel like I am being led to read certain books in a certain order based on what I am ready for.  The cleaner I eat, the more I crave clean foods.  I wouldn't say that all of my cravings are gone.  I mean, I just posted a Chocolate bar recipe on my recipe blog.   I just feel like I am able to do less emotional eating and focus more on what will make my feel good.  My friend Desiree talked about it today on her blog.  We are in the Health & Fitness Club together, but we also spent 7 months last year doing yoga together and complaining about our weight without really looking at the nutrition aspect.  It is fun having people around me now who are looking for the same answers.  I don't have all of the answers, but I feel like I am on the right track.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment