Recipes

Another request I received today was from Desiree.  She wants to see Quinoa recipes.  Okie dokie!  I post all of my recipes over at my recipe blog and posted a Quinoa, Carrot and Lentil Stew recipe and Quinoa flour and Pumpkin Pancakes recipe.  I usually post a couple a day over there so it will continue to build up over time.  

My favorite way to use quinoa is on salads.  Tonight, for example, we had a salad with the following:

Romaine
Bell pepper sauteed in water instead of oil.  
Black beans, heated
Cooked quinoa with Kirkland's Organic No-Salt Seasoning (the best seasoning on the planet!)
Cherry tomatoes
Medium heat salsa
Mango salsa

That was all I needed - the salsa is the dressing.  My husband used Italian dressing instead of salsa because he loves it.  I'm trying to keep my fat intake very low so this is the perfect no dressing salad for me.  We eat this salad with minor variations most Monday nights and always look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment