Heading into Week Seven with Les Mills PUMP

We have gone from Pump Challenge (20 minutes) to Pump and Burn (30 minutes) to Pump and Shred (45 minutes), and this week we introduce Pump Extreme (55 minutes).  

55 minutes!  55 minutes of squats, lunges, chest track, legs and back, and abs!  

And for the next 7 weeks we will be mostly doing Pump Extreme and Pump Revolution - both 55 minute workouts.  These are hard workouts.  Seriously hard.  I mean, by the end of them I am disgustingly sopping wet with sweat dripping off of my elbows.  Gross, right?  Well, it's true.

I will end this round of Les Mills PUMP the week that I have my Turbokick Certification.  The plan was to repeat the 13 week program, but then my bestie signed up as a coach and got ChaLean Extreme in her Challenge Pack so our current plan is to do a hybrid of ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire to change things up a bit.  Since PUMP focuses on low weights and high reps an ChaLean Extreme focuses on high weights and fatiguing the muscles, it will be a completely different type of training.  Summer though - going back to Les Mills PUMP.  I just like it.

The March Sanity Challenge Group starts in about two weeks.  I can't wait!  In the meantime, I have a Green Smoothie class to teach.  Spring is going to be busy.  I probably should get that Spring Cleaning stuff out of the way.  I'm also reading a book on Organizing that is telling me to throw out stuff.  We'll see how that goes. 

1 comment:

  1. I never knew what elbow sweat was until I started doing Body Pump!! Now if I'm NOT sweating from my elbows, I know I need to up my weights. Still not sure I could do this at home on my own, so props to you and your pals for taking it on!

    ReplyDelete