Stop and Smell the Roses

Today I am not working at all.  I'm catching up on a couple of shows I watch.  I grabbed my friends little girls for a playdate.  I got on the treadmill and walked at a very slow pace (2.5 mph) and watched the very first episode of Gilmore Girls because I decided I want to watch it all again and the best way to do that is one episode at a time walking slowly.  I did that a few years ago with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and lost 10 lbs.  I was walking faster, though.

I'm doing this because of that darn fitbit that reminds me on a daily basis that I haven't walked the 10,000 steps that it would like me to.  Even when I am cleaning the house like crazy, which I don't do daily, I don't get up to 10,000 steps.  So at least if I am going to be accountable to fitbit, I will enjoy doing it, right?  I love Gilmore Girls.  I have all seven seasons.  Because I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes I am up to about 6000 steps today.  I have Les Mills Combat later and that will get me to the 10,000 steps.  Now I have the song "500 Miles" in my head even though it is unrelated since I only walked 2 miles.  Or maybe it IS related because by the time I am done watching all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls I will have possibly walked 500 miles if I up the speed a little bit.  Interesting.

I was released from my assignment at church this past week.  I have been over the Webelos, which includes the 10 year old boys in Cub Scouts.  My husband was asked to be the Cub Scout Master a few months ago and my son is in the Wolf den so it was getting chaotic.  Now I feel like I can better help out as a scout mom, which will be great.  The women called to take over for me are amazing, incredible women.  Both of them have sons who will be going into scouts in the next couple of years, which was where I was when I started two years ago.  I will miss my 10 year old crazies, however, I am going to be involved in scouts for the foreseeable future, anyway.

I haven't gotten a new assignment.  My friend, Shanae, said, "How'd you get a pass?!" when I wasn't asked to do anything else.  I said, "They have to find something they would be crazy enough to have me do."  I told my husband that maybe they will forget that I don't have a calling and I will just hide out and do a bunch of service projects so that they will THINK that I have one.  I wonder if I could get away with that.  In any case, I am a big believer that the faster you move around and the more you serve, the harder it is for Satan to get a hold of you.  So I'll be implementing the Cub Scout "Do a Good Turn Daily" Slogan until my bishop lets me know what my next adventure is.

No comments:

Post a Comment