Independence Day Planning



Holidays are hard, and as much as I love July, I feel like I spend the entire month eating! It's like Christmas with family in town and bbqs constantly. This year I am hoping it will be a little easier since I don't eat meat, but that requires me to plan. 

Here are some of my ideas:

Make quinoa and black bean salads in advance.  Keep them in fridge.
Get black bean burgers for BYOM occasions.
Make cookies in advance and freeze them to bring.

I have a Block Party on July 2nd and I am supposed to bring dessert.  Normally for those occasions I want to bring my "best", but these days I always ALWAYS have to bring stuff to events that I can eat myself.  I don't expect people to cater to me and am willing to do it.  Just takes planning!

What are your plans for the 4th of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment