One of those Days


When you start out on any new journey you will get people who say "Good for You!" and other people who won't.  And even if they think they aren't being obvious, you will know that they think you are crazy by the expression on their faces when they see you.  I've been on both sides - questioned the sanity of friends and family for choices, as well as having my sanity questioned.  

Today is one of those days when once again I am reminded that not everyone supports my efforts to take control of my health.  I can guess the reason, but it probably has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with their own views about themselves.  It doesn't mean, however, that I don't feel the pain of judgment and that I don't get discouraged.  

On the flip side, there are the experiences I have with people who have thanked me for motivating them.  My sweet friend said on the Sanity Health Challenge call last week, "Just listen to what Heidi has to say."  She has no idea what that meant to me!  I know that there are people that need what I have to offer, the same way I look for people who can help me as well with the challenges that I go through in other ways.  I believe that we are here to help one another, love one another, and learn to leave judgment up to God.  I'm still working on it.

In the meantime, I had a fantastic opportunity yesterday to listen to a recording of my friend Jeff Olsen's story.  Jeff was in a car accident 15 years ago that killed his wife and young son.  His experience about life and love that came from that is nothing short of a gift - both for him and for the people he is sharing it with.  If you need encouragement I would really recommend taking the time to listen to his story.

Click here...

And as far as the people who find ways to belittle you for trying to make changes in your life and help those around you, my recommendation is exercise...like kickboxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment