Kim Flynn's Leadership Academy Retreat: October 2012

Over the weekend I attended Kim Flynn's Leadership Retreat with 20 other women in business.  We ate, discussed hard core leadership models, learned how to hire, fire, and build out scripts, and then got down to business.  Part of our experience for the weekend included a Shark Tank competition.  We were divided into four teams based on our personality types, and had about 10 hours to come up with a new business, build it out, market it, and make it viable to "sell" to investors on Saturday night. 
 Our fearless leaders needed food (and I was the caterer for the weekend), but after that we got down to some serious (and I mean SERIOUS) business. 

Kim's training content is off the charts.  Seriously.  I don't know where else I could get training like this.  There is nothing fluffy about it - we are talking the nuts and bolts of business and how to handle the swamp when we hit it.  Our brains were fried after each session, but wow do I feel smart.  Ask me anything...well, next week after I do a data download.
Sometimes there are technical difficulties with 20 people trying to get on the internet in one house.  So weird things happen.
 People start to break down and do "jazz hands".
 We were introduced to our "Investors".  A marketing guru, an actor, a real estate investor, and a rockstar entrepreneur and creator of Ideal LifeVision.  They were scary!  I mean, we knew that this was just a pretend Shark Tank, but still...
 Martini Party Kit went first.  They rocked it! 
 We got a few laughs out of their presentation, but Stacie was busy building out my team's numbers.  We had to go next and I don't have any pictures! 
 Rock Your Blog went next.  They actually made some money off of the product they sold.
 Finally Marketing to Marriage finished up the night.  They sold almost $1000 off of their webinar.
 We were totally blown away by what people created.
 We were so grateful for what our investors taught us.  I stayed up until 1:00am getting to know Ann Webb.  She's amazing.  I'm glad that I had the opportunity to meet and get to know her because we have 200 mutual friends on Facebook.  When you have 200 mutual friends, you ought to know someone in real life! 
 Then the party got started.  And it also got a little weird.  That's what happens when you put 20 sleep-deprived women in a house with desserts. 
 Miss Simplicity, Van Heel Dreambuilders, and a Bridal and Formal Wear dress shop owner!
 While I loathe this picture, it is too funny not to post.  It looks like I am talking to a judge and Jon is about to hit him.  All while wearing my Kim Flynn hair.  Seriously - you can't make this stuff up.

 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these women.  They inspire me more than they possibly know.  We range in age from 24 to 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment