Gratitude Journal: January 15, 2013

I have been going to my neighborhood book club for about five years or so.  Not always regularly - it just has depended on where I was in life and whether or not I had read the book.  That being said, I always go to the Christmas party, the mid-summer movie, and I usually host in January.  Tonight was my night, and we read The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton.  I have loved Kate Morton's other books, but this just wasn't my favorite.  I had to read it quickly and so much is going on right now that I was distracted.  I still feel, even after our discussion, like there were some loose ends that didn't quite fit for me.  I will probably read it again in a few years.  It does have a surprise ending like all of Morton's books, but it went on a little too long for me.  I would probably give it 3.5/5 stars.

1 - I am grateful that I hosted book club so that I slowed down enough to read over the past few weeks.

2 - I am grateful that my silly husband, when I said, "Go to Kneaders and get 5-6 pastries for us to cut into pieces to share..." brought back a tray of 20.  I guess my no sugar for 60 days actually starts tomorrow.

3 - I am grateful that right now my main living area is pretty clean because of book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment