What it is Like to Work With a Coach



I started working with coaches about 2 years ago and it was the best decision that I made.  Let's face it - sometimes even if we KNOW what to do, having someone hold us accountable is a good thing!  

My first experience working with a coach involved going through some pretty intensive emotional therapy.  Turns out I had a lot of baggage that I needed to shine a light on and change my perspective about some things.  Wouldn't you know it - it worked!  And it taught me to move through the process of dealing with my stuff a lot faster.  I still call my old coach from time to time and she can get me to see things differently really quickly. 

Last year I didn't need an emotional coach.  I needed a business coach.  I needed someone who would give me the nuts and bolts of business, and not the motivation to create another product.  I can come up with product ideas all day - I'm a visionary/warrior.  But nail me down on the details and I lose interest.  So I looked around and found a coach who was nuts and bolts.  A coach who actually was willing to take me OUT of production mode and into implementation, marketing, sales, details...details...details.  For the past year I have worked with Kim Flynn.  She is not a motivational fluffy bunny.  Unless you include pink hair awards. 

Moving forward I am looking more at individual coaches in business to go really deep.  I want to focus on learning the different components of business really well.  I also want to learn tools training.  I have gotten pretty darn proficient at building simple websites in a short amount of time.  I can set up an autoresponder at lightning speed.  In fact, I could probably set up a whole business just doing this for other people.  (Hmmmm!)

The point is, there are people out there who know more than me and I am happy to have them train me and coach me and teach me what they know.  It's a lot more effective for me than taking college classes, and considering how quickly business and technology moves now, much more cutting edge.  

If you are interested in a free business consultation to help you see where you may need help, sign up and we will set up a time to talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment