On the Second Day of Christmas...The Month My Friends Were on The Today Show

The Month My Friends Were on The Today Show

September was the month my friends were on The Today Show.  In fact, one day I knew the two people on the website - Rebecca Musser, and Scott Mackintosh.  A few days previously, my friend, Gerald Rogers, was on.  Why?  Because my friends are awesome!

Rebecca Musser released her book "The Witness Wore Red" on September 10th.  One of my clients, Bridget Cook, was the co-author.  I have been hearing the details on this book for about a year and a half and was so excited to read it.  I was even lucky enough to get an advanced version a few weeks ahead of time and I couldn't put it down!  In November I sat down with Bridget in one of my fast track sessions and listened to her plans to create incredible Inspired Legacy Writing Retreats to help people write their transformational stories.  Bridget has co-authored three books:  "The Witness Wore Red", "Shattered Silence", and "Skinhead Confessions".  I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to work with her and help her build out her Market, Sales, and Systems!  Bridget is one of the kindest, most loving, women I know.  I met her last year when we were on a speakers panel together, and we have been great friends ever since.

Scott and Becky Mackintosh just released their book "My Husband Wears the Short Shorts in THIS Family!" just a few days ago!  After a whirlwind of interviews from The Today Show to Rachel Ray, Scott Mackintosh is working hard to make his dream of being a motivational speaker come true. He has been hired for corporate and church events all over Utah for the past few months!  I met Becky Mackintosh a little over a year ago when we worked together at the same company.  Becky looks about 25, but has raised 7 children with her husband, Scott, and 5 of them were teenagers at the same time!  Becky and Scott are launching "Life's Short Lessons" in 2014 on Wisdom Window and will be sharing with parents around the world the lessons they learned from raising children that made them better people.  I'm excited to see what they do, and I am loving their book!



Gerald Rogers went through some difficult trials over the past couple of years as he dealt with divorce after 16 years of marriage.  From his experience, he gained a great deal of insight on what he would do differently.  On the day his divorce was final, he wrote a list of what he would do differently, and posted it on Facebook.  His post went viral and he ended up on The Today Show.

I first met Gerald three years ago at an event that he put on to help entrepreneurs break through limiting beliefs about themselves.  He is a powerful speaker and a good friend.  Last week I talked to him for a while about his next steps and he is releasing a book and creating a new coaching program.  I am excited to see where he goes with this.  Gerald, along with his brother, Jon, and his sister, Marie, have played huge roles in my life the past three years as I have gone through the process of deciding who I want to be when I grow up.

On the Second Day of Christmas...my favorite finds this year have been my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment