Day 8 - Good News, Bad News

Day 8 - Good News, Bad News


The crazy thing about this picture is that I remember back then thinking I was really overweight.   It was 12 years ago on my 30th birthday.  Amazing how perspective changes things.  Now I dream about being this size.  Or more specifically, today I am dreaming about being that healthy.

I got all of my bloodwork back and the news isn't great.  In a nutshell, I have adrenal fatigue (not a surprise), I'm pre-diabetic, and I'm severely anemic.  So anemic that they put a tag on my record stating that it is an emergency.  So after 3 years of not eating meat, now I am ordered to eat beef 2-3 times a week.  I also have to reduce my fruit down to 3 per day.  Last night we went to The Wild Zucchini Grill so that I could have beef, and while it was good - I still don't like it.  That being said, I don't mind my step-mom's Sunday dinner roasts, so that's a plus. 

A quick plug for the Wild Z.  It's in American Fork, Utah.  When I told the General Manager (who also happens to be my bestie's husband) that I couldn't have salad dressing with sugar or dairy, he said nothing, grabbed a lemon, olive oil, and cracked pepper, and went to work creating a fantastic dressing on the spot.  How cool is that?  I was able to get romaine, mixed greens, kobe beef (locally raised), grilled asparagus, grilled carrots, green onions, black sesame seeds, and the special salad dressing.  Gotta love that!

Day 8

Breakfast - Green Smoothie with kale, spinach and chard blend, banana, pineapple, fresh blueberries, and eQuivalent from QSciences

Snack - grapes and watermelon

Lunch -  quinoa salad

Snack - Black Plum

Dinner - The Wild Zucchini Grill - steak salad on romaine and spring greens with grilled asparagus, grilled carrots, green onions, black sesame seeds, lemon, olive oil, cracked pepper

Essential Oil for the Day

Last week I got a new essential oil diffuser that I just love.  I put it in my office, and have been diffusing peppermint and wild orange.

It makes me happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment